About Kilgore Intermediate School
Kilgore Intermediate School was built in 1995 to meet the needs of a growing community. It is currently the home of all 4th and 5th graders in Kilgore ISD. There are 41 certified teachers along with 23 support personnel to serve the 600+ students. Each classroom is equipped with multiple student computers, iPads, Chromebooks, along with data projectors and Elmos. We have two computer labs with 25 workstation in each.
KIS School Activities/Programs
- Recycling Program- students who participate are eligible for a weekly drawing as an incentive. There is no cost to school as prizes (movie gift cards) and Kindles are purchased by program sponsors, Pak-Sher and KEDC.
- Student Council - 12 fourth graders and 12 fifth graders elected by the student body to represent them in leadership roles. The student council performs monthly service projects for the school and community.
- PTA- various activities include popcorn day (report card day), hospitality (end of each six weeks), track & field day concessions, AR celebrations, and teacher appreciation week.
- UIL - Students participate in the district academic UIL competition every year.
- Caught Being Good - Students are recognized for random acts of kindness and good character. Character Counts program is used for character building
- Canned Food Drive- students participate in a contest between grades. This year, KIS contributed 2,427 cans of food towards the Lions Club Food Drive during the holiday season.
- Students, faculty, and parents participate (as a team) in “Make Kilgore Shine.” This is an annual event that involves picking up trash at a designated area.
- KIS has a Relay for Life Team every year.
- Enrichment activities include: Music, Computer, Math League, Field Trips and Student Council.
- Parent/Student events included Father/Daughter Dance, Mom and Me Movie Night, Literacy Night, STEM Carnival, Grandparent Lunch, Muffins with Mom and Donuts with Dad