Where Every Student Counts
Igniting life-long learning in all students
Preparing today's students for tomorrow's opportunities
- Quality Instruction is critical for student success.
- Academic excellence is our cornerstone.
- Education is more than just classrooms or test scores.
- Responsible citizenship is character in action.
About Kilgore Intermediate SchoolKilgore Intermediate School was built in 1995 to meet the needs of a growing community. It is currently the home of all 4th and 5th graders in Kilgore ISD. There are 41 certified teachers along with 23 support personnel to serve the 600+ students. Each classroom is equipped with multiple student computers, iPads, Chromebooks, along with data projectors and Elmos. We have two computer labs with 25 workstation in each.
KIS School Activities/Programs
- Watch D.O.G.S.- currently in our 9th successful year
- Recycling Program- students who participate are eligible for a weekly drawing as an incentive. There is no cost to school as prizes (movie gift cards) are purchased by program sponsors, Pak-Sher and KEDC.
- Student Council - 12 fourth graders and 12 fifth graders elected by the student body to represent them in leadership roles. The student council leads morning announcements and performs monthly service projects for the school and community.
- PTA- various activities include popcorn day (report card day), hospitality (end of each six weeks), track & field day concessions, AR celebrations, and teacher appreciation week.
- UIL - Students participate in the district academic UIL competition every year.
- Caught Being Good - Students are recognized for random acts of kindness and good character.
- Candy for the Troops - Student Council collected bags of candy and sent it to the troops overseas.
- Canned Food Drive- students participated in a contest between grades. This year, KIS contributed 2,657 cans of food towards the Lions Club Food Drive during the holiday season.
- Students, faculty, and parents participated (as a team) in “Make Kilgore Shine.” This is an annual event that involves picking up trash at a designated area.
- Hats Off to Cancer - students paid $1 to wear a hat to school to raise money for Relay for Life.
- Relay for Life Team for Kilgore
- Enrichment activities include: Music, Computer, Math League, Field Trips and Student Council.