About Kilgore Intermediate School
Kilgore Intermediate School was built in 1995 to meet the needs of a growing community. It is currently the home of all 4th and 5th graders in Kilgore ISD. There are 46 certified teachers along with 20 support personnel to serve the 600+ students. Each classroom is equipped with multiple student computers, iPads, Chromebooks, along with interactive flat panels. We have two computer labs with 25 workstations in each.
KIS School Activities/Programs
- Recycling Program- students who participate are eligible for a monthly drawing as an incentive. There is no cost to school as prizes (gift cards) and Kindles are purchased by program sponsors, Revolution Company and KEDC.
- Student Council - 12 fourth graders and 12 fifth graders elected by the student body to represent them in leadership roles. The student council performs monthly service projects for the school and community.
- PTA- various activities include both student and teacher incentives.
- UIL - Students participate in the district academic UIL competition every year. We place 2nd overall last year.
- GEMS program - support staff members are mentors to students.
- Canned Food Drive- students participate in a contest between grades. This year, KIS contributed 2,427 cans of food towards the Lions Club Food Drive during the holiday season.
- Enrichment activities include: Music, Computer, Field Trips and Student Council.
- Parent/Student events included Father/Daughter Dance, Mom Prom, Literacy Night, STEM Night,